Tank Repair & Restoration
Tank Repair – Floor Replacement & Major Foundation Installation
For this project Elite had to replace the tank floor and annular plates, as well as provide a new foundation to elevate the tank 3’-0” above its existing grade. Working closely with the civil engineering contractor, we we’re able to develop a design that was both fit for purpose, but also supported the tight schedule restraints of the project. Once the floor plates were removed, Elite installed a 3’-0” high containment ring which was filled with a high strength filcrete and allowed to cure. Once cured, the tank was lifted 3’-0” and a new, reinforced, concrete ring wall was installed. Upon completion of the ring wall, the tank was lowered onto its new foundation, where a new annular and floor plates were installed and grouted into place.
- Door sheet cut into tank shell for access
- New 3’-0” high concrete ring wall was installed while the tank was supported on hydraulic jacks
- Executed the entire scope of work, including hydrotest, in the allotted time frame of 60 days without incident.
- Project Size: 84’-0” Diameter x 42’-0” High
- Project Type: Repair & Restoration
- Completion Date: May 2019
- Service: Crude Oil