Tank Repair & Restoration
Tank Repair – Client Needed an Elite Solution
When a Client has a unique problem, they require a unique solution!
For this major repair project, Elite was contracted to restore a failing tank crucial to the process operations of this northern Alberta SAGD site. Replace the deteriorating foundation, along with lower sections of the tank shell was Elite’s repair scope; working closely with the client and EPC, Elite was able to identify project efficiencies and eliminate unnecessary costs, aligning with the project objectives. Critical timelines were driving many of the project targets, therefore, Elite engaged with trusted sub-contractors to successfully design and execute this project ahead of schedule. Well planned, committed teamwork, permitted the complete replacement of the tank foundation, annular ring and floor plates while the tank remained in place.
- A failed foundation required supporting the tank shell and roof during remediation and construction activities
- Installed a new 84’ diameter concrete foundation beneath the tank while supported on jacking assemblies
- Installed annular plates around the entire perimeter of the tank along with new floor plates up the new foundation.
- 0TRIF, 0LTI
- Project Size: 84’-0” Diameter x 48’-0” High
- Project Type: Repair & Restoration
- Completion Date: March 2020
- Service: De-Oiled Water