Tank Repair & Restoration
Pulp Mill Turnaround Project
Elite’s team was required to develop some creative engineering and operational solutions to support this high profile pulp mill shut down project this past summer.
The initial scope included the replacement of internal stainless steel piping and feed-well assembly, however, upon completion of the out of service inspection, grew to include the entire 3rd shell course replacement as well!
With the tank partially enclosed by a building, Elite’s team required to develop strategic hoisting and confined space logistic solutions to overcome construction and execution challenges. Elite crews worked around the clock, both day and night, to execute this project within the clients planned shut down schedule. This was a unique project to be a part of and our team executed beyond the clients’ expectations.
- High Profile Pulp Mill Project in NW Alberta
- Austenitic Stainless Steel to Carbon Steel welding procedures
- 24/7 Crews working day and night shifts
- With added scope and additional responsive challenges, the team was able to overcome obstacles and finish within the clients scheduled shut down window.
- Project Size: 80' Diameter x 40' High
- Project Type: Repair & Restoration
- Completion Date: June 2021
- Service: Green Liquor Clarifier