Field Tank Construction
New Tank Construction – Expanding Infrastructure Required New Tanks in Short Order
To support expanding infrastructure of its assets, Elite’s client required the construction of a 100,000 bbl and 10,000 bbl storage tank at their new terminal in Alberta. Timelines were a key factor in the success of this project, requiring strategic planning and coordination with the client and sub-contractors to execute successfully; all while facing extreme climatic conditions throughout the winter construction. With mechanical construction completed in early February, the tanks underwent successful winter hydrotests prior to the internal lining applications.
- Strategic planning and execution on the project front end ensured all engineering and shop fabrication was completed prior to on-site construction commencing.
- 0 TRIF, 0 LTI
- Crews successfully completed (2) simulated ERP drills onsite utilizing rescue equipment, trained practices and procedures.
- Close collaboration with all parties resulted in project being delivered ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Client feedback was quality of workmanship was excellent and representatives claimed “best tanks in the industry”
- Project Size: (1) 126’-0” Diameter x 48’-0” High Crude Oil Storage Tank (1) 48’-0” Diameter x 32’-0” High Condensate Tank
- Project Type: New Construction
- Completion Date: February 2020
- Service: Crude Oil & Condensate Storage