Tank Repair & Restoration
Carbon Steel Pontoon Floating Roof
Elite was contracted to supply and install a replacement carbon steel pontoon floating roof into an existing 120’-0” diameter tank. Following the installation of the internal floating roof, Elite performed various floor and shell repairs as well. All pontoon components were custom fabricated in our Elite fabrication facility. This project was executed during some extremely high temperatures challenging the crews to work early morning shifts to beat the above 40 degree heat wave and refrain from working inside a tank that had internal temperatures reaching the high 50's and 60's during the day. This repair and replacement project was executed safely, with no lost time or injuries. We look forward to executing more scopes of work on this site in the future.
- 120’-0” diameter carbon steel pontoon floating roof with rolling stairway assembly.
- Due to a congested and limited workspace, project scheduling was crucial for staging the pontoons as they arrived at site.
- Adjusted working hours were required due to record setting summer time temperatures.
- In-house custom fabricated carbon steel pontoons and assemblies.
- Project Size: 120' Diameter x 48' High
- Project Type: Repair & Restoration
- Completion Date: August 26, 2021
- Service: Oil